Today I am doing something different of what I usually do: I am writing a post specify to the photographers who follow me! I hope to do it more and more and I have been receiving so many questions about my set-ups, photography and edition process, etc.
Today I’ll help you with a cute, easy and inexpensive DIY backdrop that you can use on you babies’ sessions.
You will need:
- Assorted card-stock (I bough the ones that have different colours in each side, what gives cool look, but you can chose whatever you prefer!)
- Large flower-shape paper puncher
- Thread and needle
How to do it:
- Cut a few stripes of card stock – for a backdrop of 1,5m you will need between 14 and 16 stripes. You will use these to place your backdrop on your backdrop stand at the end.
- Make your flowers using the paper punch and the the rest of the card stock.
- Cut lengths of thread (as high as you want the finished product to be plus a little extra) and knot the end.
- Thread the needle and through the flowers, on the top and on the bottom, in order to thread them together. Make a knot underneath each flower, so it does not slide on the thread. You can leave about 3 to 5 cm in between each flower and do not need to be precise because a diffuse distribution will make a nice look.
- Finish by threading it to a folded stripe of card-stock (from step 1).
- If you are not going to use it immediately fold it carefully and use a large paper clip to keep it untangled until use.
- Slide each thread on your backdrop stand and enjoy your beautiful unique self-made backdrop!
I am looking forward to see your backdrop!